Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lunge 18 Chatting the day away

I must admit I've always been wary of internet chat applications. I found early IRC to be irrelevent to my needs, and several years ago had some problems with AIM, it was difficult to remove from my system and at the time posed significant security problems. I've turned off the chat facility in Facebook as I find being available at any time for casual chat quite intimidating. Irrational perhaps, but drawing a line in the adoption of new communication technology gives me a sense of control. Riding the wave rather than being swamped.

I installed the Google Talk gadget on my Google homepage, which is not terrible threatening as I have to invite people to chat, and I'm somewhat disinclined to do so :-)

I think that the enhancement of talk and video to Gmail might prove to be a real killer application, but not for me...

No comments: