Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bookshelf in Collingwood

With Willard and his bowling trophies
I took a journey to the East,
where at the place of dead roads
I found a child of all nations.


In the autumn of the patriarch
I saw iron in the soul,
and through windows of the mind
mourned the victims of Yalta.


I awoke in the morning of the magicians
as a golden ass sailed the glass canoe,
on the road spoke Zarathustra
of magic and mystery in Tibet.


Through hunger I studied the power elite
seeking the mythical future,
used the electric cool-aid acid test
to open the doors of perception.


Red star over China lights up the Inner Chapters
beyond the turning point,
with the getting of wisdom
the affluent society's thrown into the inferno.


Through philosophical investigations
and critique of pure reason,
Demian and the glass bead game
introduced a man for all seasons

(c) 1992 Tony Foley

No comments: