Sunday, August 04, 2013

Twitter Poems

The tweet poses interesting challenges. How to create a reasonably meaningful, aesthetically pleasing poem within the constraint of 140 characters. Here's a few of mine...

She sings but all
we hear is pain,
mellifluous in your agony
each note a needle,
melancholy inserts
a forlorn chord,
sadness licks your
sun.

In my silence all
I hear is a rose's scream,
but a vacuum sucks love,
so sad,
loss levers hope,
an exquisite equilibrium,
her satin night.

My child
we came by boat,
death followed but
my love kept us
afloat,
no love awaits
no friends
my child
we're flotsam
drowned in
cruel seas.


Taken by a breeze
afloat with
soft smiles
I turn and whisper
in her hair.
Rose-scented
drifting liaison
awash with memory,
shattered
shards.


Circle of gum trees
framing stars
backyard thoughts
drift skyward
memory of love
entwined
with relief
I water nearby
bushes
relieved
alone.


Looks like
meaning
sounds like
crap
eyes closed
ears shut
we lose our hearts
we lose our minds
emptiness is a friend
as the light
flickers.


I blew up the world
it was cool
the seas boiled
mountains popped
like corks
steam fizzed from
vast crevices
a rosella shrieked
wattles died.


Infantile
wishes
filled
manna
lust
just another day...
drink wine and
reminisce
you can lose it all
with a whim
tokens
trinkets
good night.

No comments: